Flexible heaters are single layer flexible circuits that utilized resistive alloys, such as Inconel and Cupro-nickel, rather than copper to form conductive paths. As electrical current is driven through the higher resistance conductors, heat is generated. Conductor width and thickness are selected to provide the desired resistance value based on the supply voltage.
Flexible Circuit Technologies, a premier global supplier in design and production of
Flexible Circuits, Rigid Flex, Flexible Heaters, Flat Flex Cables, Membrane Switches, Plastic Moldings, Assemblies, Product Module Builds to Complete Product Box Builds
For more in depth information on Flexible Heaters, click on the links below:
Flexible heaters offer very good heat transfer to the heat sink in a very low profile and low mass package. Because they are flexible, they can also conform to, and heat, irregular surfaces that other types of heaters cannot. TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) of custom heater alloys provide minimum resistance change when temperature changes.
- Multiple foil alloys to choose from to provide a large range of custom resistance values.
- Custom heater element layout services to provide heater resistance that will provide the desired power output based on voltage input.
- Assembly capabilities to add thermistors, connectors, lead wires, potting, etc.
- A wide variety of pressure sensitive adhesive backings to choose from
- Custom mounting of heaters to heat sinks
- Fabrication of customer specified heat sinks
Heater Flex advance features including:
Selectively copper plated conductors to eliminate heating in leads and other areas (cupronickel/Constantan)
Profiled heater zones to provide non-uniform heating when desired
Aluminum or copper heat spreader layers to help transfer heat to heatsink.
Assembly of thermistors, lead wires, and connector.
Epoxy potting or assembled components and wires.
Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) with release liner applied to heatsink side of heater for easy “peel and stick” application.
In summary, if you have flexible circuit design or flexible printed circuit board needs, we can help.