Graphic Overlay on Membrane Switch
In addition to the general benefits described in flexible printed circuits, there are some unique benefits to polymer thick film circuits. They are as follows
- Environmentally Friendly Utilizing additive printing of silver & carbon, the process of making polymer thick film circuits does not generate hazardous gases.
- Cost effective Polyester is the most common substrate utilized in the PTF production process. Assuch, PTF circuits are generally cheaper to manufacture than other flex circuits.
- Ease of Manufacture Due to the simple screen printing process, membrane switches are very easily manufactured.
- Cosmetic Appeal Due to their streamlined design and the numerous graphic overlay options, polymer thick film circuits are cosmetically appealing.
- Design Flexibility As with all flexible circuits, design options are limitless.
In summary, if you have membrane switch design needs, Flexible Circuit can help. For more in depth information, click on the links below: